Ah, the dreaded ‘Dinner Rut’. Does that happen to anyone else? Whether it’s convenience, sticking to your weekly grocery budget, or appeasing picky eaters– you make the same things for dinner each week. For me, when I do this, I end up craving take out even more…because I’m so tired of my “go-to’s”. Last week, I decided to give Sheet Pan Nachos a try. These California Style Sheet Pan Nachos are fresh and filling, and the best part is they’re completely customizable. What makes them ‘California Style’? I overloaded them with avocados, of course. Plus, I’m from California. Sometimes I find it best not to question my own logic.
This was my first time making nachos fancier than chips and cheese on a plate in the microwave, but I had been craving nachos for weeks prior to this. I even purchased an oversized sheet pan for this. It was serious nacho business, y’all.
The nachos started off with a pretty simple base, and I just kept finding things to add to them. That’s the great thing about these–you can literally add anything you want. Switch up the ground beef for ground turkey, or shredded chicken. Substitute refried pinto beans for black beans, and then load them up with all of your favorite toppings! Make sure to go heavy on the cheese, because a dry chip makes for a horrible nacho experience.
While these are great for dinner, they also make a great party dish! We’re nearly in Football Season, can anyone say Game Day Meal?! This would be such a hit! Take these to your next get together and
sit in the corner by yourself inhaling them share them with your friends and family.
I want to challenge myself (and you!) to incorporate one new recipe each week for dinner. It was so nice to eat something we’ve never had at home, and something that I’ve never made. Breaking up our boring dinner routine, even just a little bit, gave me the inspiration to do it weekly! (Plus, when it turns out delicious–you’re more confident in your culinary adventures). Let’s step out of our own routines and try something new. I for one am so incredibly tired of spaghetti.
Share some of your favorite recipes with me! Or something that you are afraid to try, and I’ll try it first!
- 1 (12 oz) Bag of Tortilla Chips
- 1 lb Ground Beef, Turkey, or Diced Chicken Breasts
- 1 (16 oz) Can of Refried Beans
- 1/2 Onion, Sliced Thick
- 1 (15.25 oz) Can of Corn
- 1-2 Ripe Avocados, Sliced
- 1-2 Handfuls Romaine Lettuce, Washed and Thinly Sliced
- 1 8 oz Bag of Shredded Cheese (Your Choice: Mexican, Mild, Sharp, Whatever you like!)
- Half (8 oz) Jar of your Favorite Salsa
- Taco Seasoning, to Taste
- Sour Cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan, over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, add taco seasoning, and drain excess fat.
- Drain Corn, add to meat.
- Place tortilla chips in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Top with ground beef mixture, refried beans, onion, corn and cheeses.
- Place into oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, topped with salsa, lettuce, avocado, and sour cream