I get asked quite often “Do you really drink a smoothie every day?” We do! It may be challenging to get into the habit at first, but it just becomes second nature after a while. Smoothies are a great way to get picky eaters to try new things, and it’s the best way to get a variety of nutrients into our bodies every single day. When it comes to my son’s nutrition, I try to make sure he’s eating and drinking the best things possible. I decided to share our favorite Toddler Friendly Green Smoothie.
He’s always so excited when he hears our Ninja Pro going. You can hear him exclaim “Meee Meee” (smoothie) over the blender, anxiously awaiting his treat. I’m so glad that he considers it a treat! I do switch the smoothies we have up pretty frequently, but I wanted to share our favorite way to make a Green Smoothie. This Toddler Friendly Green Smoothie will be a hit with all of your kids! You’re going to like it too. You might even start to crave it. I know I do.
You Will Need:
- 1-2 Bananas (If I’m making smoothies for both of us, like I did here, I use two)
- Handful of Frozen Mango Chunks
- 1-2 Dates (Not only do Dates add sweetness and cut out some of the spinach taste, they promote digestive and respiratory health, boost heart and brain health, and are rich in tons of vital nutrients. Seriously, if your little one is having constipation or tummy troubles–try Dates!)
- 1 Heaping Handful of Spinach
- 2 TBSP Hemp Seeds (Hemp Seeds have significantly more protein than Chia or Flax Seeds – 25% to the latter’s 16-18%. They are incredibly rich in Omega-6 and Omega-3 Fatty Acids. They also contain high amounts of vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron and zinc.)
- 1 TSP Coconut Oil (Coconut Oil is high in saturated fats, and helps to convert your bad cholesterol into good cholesterol. There are a slew of reasons to ingest coconut oil on the regular. Keeping your hair and skin smooth, regulating your digestion, and so much more!)
- 4-6 oz Milk, of your choice. We use Vanilla Almond milk around here, because we just love it. However, you can use whatever milk you prefer! I try not to use a ton of milk, just enough to blend everything together.
Instructions on this one are pretty simple: Toss all of the ingredients into your blender and blend away! We use a Ninja Pro with Auto IQ on the “Ultra Blend” setting, which I press twice. It gets blended for a solid two minutes.
If you make your own smoothies, please share your recipes with me! We love experimenting and adding new things to our smoothies each day. It really is a great way to start your day off right!